Tuesday, December 9, 2014

SVU

Today I watched Law & Order: SVU for the first time and it felt like a small victory! I named our Olivia after Detective Olivia Benson. She was everything I hoped our Olivia would grow up to be. She is strong, smart, independent, motivated and kind, not to mention a total badass. I like to think that's exactly who our Olivia would have been. 

She would have gotten her strong work ethic from Rob, as well as a smart sense of math and the ability to budget and save. I would have taught her to treat everyone with respect and kindness, even if it killed her. She would have gotten her generosity and unconditional love from her Nana; and a sweet and loving soul from her Meme. She would have been well spoken with help from her Grandpa ("I thought you were an English Major") and a sense of humor from her Gbob. She would have stolen the show with her robust personality during girls weekend with my sisters and she would have learned how to be a board game champ, as well a semi gracious loser, with her Lala and Aunt Katey. 

While I can't know for certain who she would have grown up to be, I can still pretend like we used to. Rob (not by choice) and I used to play what if Olivia is a/an....engineer, doctor, politician, artist and so forth. Thankfully I was able to get some of my what ifs answered. She used her greatness for her good and I was able to be apart of it. She strengthened relationships, reminded us to never take anything for granted, and to spend as much time as you can with the ones you love. She showed me strength on a level I never know possible. Watching her fight during her three days solidified that she's my own little Olivia Benson, a total badass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment