Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas

It's hard to believe Christmas is 3 days away. 

Every year I would get so wrapped up in making sure my holiday looked picture perfect. I couldn't wait to set up the tree and obnoxiously fill each room with overpriced Christmas decor. I started stressing in October what my Christmas card would look like, the more unique the better. I would arrange piles of presents then sit down to wrap them all while drinking a beer, remembering why I used to beg someone else to do the wrapping. My biggest fear being I would have remaining items on my expensive Christmas list that I sent out no less than three times beginning in November. 

This year my decorations and tree remain tucked away in the attic. I have purchased two gifts, neither of which will come close to wrapping paper, I have no desire for receiving gifts and I have thrown away every Christmas card that has been delivered to us. I promise I'm not a Scrooge though. My priorities have changed. 

There are so many families struggling this Christmas to survive the day. There are families sitting at LeBonheur keeping a vigilant watch over their sick babies, a small child experiencing their first Christmas without a parent, and a husband mourning the loss of his wife. 

During my hiatus of Christmas I have been able to spend my time with family and friends instead of standing in line irritated at the saleswoman moving at a snails pace. I am not stressed over organizing gifts but rather I have been able to step outside of myself and organize my priorities. 

This year instead of gifts I want prayers and positive vibes. I want a family to receive a Christmas miracle and take their new baby home. I would love for a worried mother to be provided with gifts and food from a kind stranger. I want all the LeBonheur nurses and babies to have an easy, stress free day. I also wouldn't mind if American Airlines let Zelda Grace fly to Mexico with me. 


P.S. If you have any extra money left from your Christmas budget you can always donate to LeBonheur. There are plenty of babies there who would love a pretty hat for Christmas.  
P.P.S. I might throw your cards away but I cherish your kind emails. They make my day better and I greately appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment