Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Baby Steps

In my quest to Live Life for Livie I decided to start taking care of myself physically and began working out. Yesterday, as I was finishing with my workout, my trainer told me something that really resonated with me.

"It's all about tiny steps but before you know it you have climbed a mountain without even realizing it."

The more I thought about it the more I realized how true it is.

I still think about Olivia all day, everyday, but I don't cry as often. I have started leaving my house on a more frequent basis and have even done my hair and put on make up a few times. Rob and I have made new friendships. We actively persue ideas we always talked about but never put them into action. Most importantly, I have started to have hope again.

Three and a half months ago I thought all of these things were lost. I was just trying to survive each day and hope the next day wouldn't be as painful. Each day since Olivia passed has been a baby step and today I realized I have climbed a mountain.

I know I still have many mountains to climb but I can't be worried about the future anymore. I need to focus on the present and make today count. I am thankful for each day and each tiny step. I am thankful that I was given a beautiful angel to change my life. She taught me to be appreciative of the baby steps and the small things. I forgive more quickly, look more positively at negative situations, seek to actively participate in life rather than being a bystander, and to love the people who have held my hand during my baby steps more deeply.

I am a better person than I was on October 3rd and I owe it all to my greatest accomplishment, Olivia Buchanan Huber. I am excited to look back in another 3 months and see what other mountains I have climbed. There is nothing I cannot accomplish if I am doing it for her.

#livelifeforlivie

No comments:

Post a Comment